Thursday 9 January 2014

New Stash

Don't you just love it when new stash arrives?  Our new postie is getting to know that he will be a busy bunny at our house with all of my 'bargain' craft purchases.

New stash... You know what's in the envelope but the excitement of getting a new bit of kit is always the highlight of the day; no matter how small the item is.

My snowflake die has arrived and although its not as pretty as the cut out will be I think its lovely! Other new stash to arrive includes some paper I ordered last week before I got the green light to get my 'Christmas present'.

I was feeling a bit neglected, not getting a Christmas pressy and all and I don't about you crafter, but it always cheers me up to buy paper. This is a Bo Bunny 'Ambrosia' Collection pack and a matchmaker pack of Bazzill basics to accompany it. I just love the colours and they were of course a bargain; Papermaze.co.uk is giving 20% discount off all items in their January sale!  
 

Papermaze of course had my full attention once I learned that they were very generously giving 20% off; and they had a couple of really nice cutting dies that I bought as part of my 'Christmas gift' from my dh.  They arrived today too!  They are Spellbinders Nestabilities Splendid Circles and Gold Labels 4. I'm really impressed that they have so many applications.  The Gold Label one can be cut, embossed, debossed, stencilled and letterpressed!  I need to find out what debossing and letterpressing is but I'm sure youtube will help me out on that score.

I won an auction on eBay!  On the sage advice of my dh I put a realistic bid on a Spellbinders Shapeabilities 'Vintage Lace Accents' and I won!  I'm seriously pleased with my little self.  I have seen it on eBay at £20.99 plus the dreaded post costs of £2.95.  I won mine for £10.10, less than half price! Even the post was less than half price at £1.20!  Result!

I'm really excited about the Grand Caliber now that I have a few dies to play with.  The courier messaged me yesterday to say I would be getting a visit from 'Santa in a van' today!

On to crafting.  I am such a dizzy mare!  I have made 2 cards for nobody in particular and totally forgot it is my godson's birthday this month.  I tried to stick to the wk 2 colour theme on the 52 card challenge and used a couple of lovely papers out of my stash.  They are from Lori Whitlock's 'Hello Summer' and Echo Park 'Beautiful Life'.

I wanted to create an embossed cloud background behind the pinwheel. As I didn't have a cloud embossing folder I improvised. I used a cloud design from my Cameo Silhouette library and mirrored it so that I could emboss it from the flipside.  I then printed it as a rhinestone template and just embossed the nicely spaced dots. Voila!






No comments: