Tuesday 7 January 2014

Happy New Year Crafters

Goodness me what happened?  It's 2014 already!

It's been a month of new beginnings for me. In the last couple of weeks I have moved house to a new city and now a new year to boot!  What better time to start writing a blog!

I have experimented with some form of craft for most of my adult life.  I started with wool and knitting and progressed to fabric, embroidery silks, paper, ink, glitter, beads and wire; not many crafting mediums have escaped experimentation. I came around full circle back to wool again when I learned how to crochet properly.  By properly I mean not restricted to granny squares, though there is nothing wrong with a good granny square.

At one point in my career I have taught others how to craft and use a computer, though not simultaneously I might add; and made some very good friends during that time of my life.  Now it's second nature to craftily compute to create!

My first card of 2014 in my new craft room in my new house etc is shown below.



Its a gatefold card using white 300gsm card.  To decorate I used the following:

  • DCWV Metallic Stack card - silverleaf
  • Imagination Craft Sparkle Medium - silver
  • Imagination Craft stencil - Flourishes
  • Cuttlebug embossing folder - spots and dots
  • Patterned paper freebie in Papercraft Essentials magazine
  • 10mm Edged organza ribbon from Joanna Sheen online shop
  • Random flowery peel offs 
  • The label was cut using a Cameo Silhouette store nested label pattern on DCWV Metallic Stack silverleaf and pink and topped with a silver peel off.


Inside I used the patterned paper again with Hobby Solution embossing folder Flower Corner -1 on lilac pearlised paper.

1 comment:

Squirrel said...

Cards with fancy folds are a lot of fun, and that one is very pretty.
Rosey x