Tuesday 7 January 2014

52 Cards Challenge 2014 - Week 2

As I mentioned earlier we have moved house.  My dh who is very difficult to give hints to for gifts (no matter how brazenly blatant my hints are) decided that we would wait until after Christmas to get my gift.  I have been telling him for ages that I want a die-cutting machine, preferably A4 size and preferably electric, get the hint here crafters?

I finally get the go ahead from he who should be but isn't obeyed to get my Ebosser; and after all  of the wait and the hype; I get cold feet and start looking for a Grand Caliber to try out first to see if I like die-cutting machines before taking the plunge and buying the big (by big I mean expensive) one.

As luck would have it, and this must have been fate because it was on the same day; I found the exact thing I was looking for on UK Scrappers marketplace; and in a couple of exciting days time I will be the proud owner of a Grand Caliber! My brilliant 'crafters' logic being that I will get my money back by reselling it on the marketplace when I get an Ebosser.  That reminds me, does anyone want to buy a Sissix Texture Boutique?

On to buying dies for my new acquisition...  Aren't they expensive!  I have decided that the best and definitely the most approved way of getting them; (by he who should be but isn't obeyed) is to buy on auction at eBay.  Do you know what?  I think that I am not the only crafter who has a he who should be but isn't obeyed at home who says "You paid what??!!!" So there we all are on eBay bidding against each other to get the "best bargains".

I did get a bargain though.  I got a Spellbinders 3 dimensional snowflake die for £6.50, plus £1.20 post; but post doesn't count - it's an occupational hazard for crafters. I do realise that it's only a bargain because its January but it'll save... The excellent bargain basement die was on eBay in another shop at £19.99 plus £1.25 post.
On to the title of my blog, week 2 of the 52 Cards Challenge. Here is the colour challenge for week 2. Isn't it pretty.  I may find myself doing a couple of cards with this colour template.
Back to the rambly bit of the blog and my new toy.   I was browsing through the craft stores and fancying the Bitty Blossoms die by Spellbinders. At £22.99 even I thought it was a tad overpriced.  It was at that very moment that a grade 'a' brainwave hit me and I raced, well opened my Cameo Silhouette link and found a lovely, well several lovely rolled flower templates.  this is the card that I made with it.







3 comments:

Squirrel said...

Oh such a pretty card! You'll love your new toy - can't wit to see what you do with it. Are you starting this year's Christmas cards early with the snowflakes? Haha!
Rosey x

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging Jayne. Those rolled flowers are so pretty.

Amanda said...

Those flowers are so pretty. And well done on using your Cameo rather than falling for a new die.