Friday 10 January 2014

HeyJude!

A few weeks ago I posed the question on UKS. Do "they" make anything that helps you to use punches easily? Several very kind ladies replied to say that yes "they" do! It's called a Punch Mate!

I was chuffed because I have in my stash a few punches and a book called Paper Bouquet that instructs you how to make the most realistic and exquisite flowers using punches, a few embossing tools and glue. The trouble is I have trouble actually using the punches. I don't have any strength in my elbows and shoulders so I can't put the pressure that's needed to push the button style punches down. Who thought up push button punches anyway?  My guess is that it was a man!

Anyway, back to my story. A very nice lady from Derbyshire, called Jude sent me a personal message basically saying "I have one that I don't use that you can have. I don't want anything for it, just glad it'll help someone!"

Crafters, I was overwhelmed by Jude's generosity and thoughtfulness. She has reinstated a faith in humankind with a demonstration of kindness that I thought was long gone these days.

The Punch Mate was sent right about the time that we moved house; and I would have never known it! But 3 weeks later Jude sent me a message asking if I had received it. Crafters, I felt awful saying no I haven't, or even worse the thought that Jude might have thought that I had received it and never bothered to thank her!

My DH collected it today and it's awesome!  I picked the evilest, stiffest punch in my stash and this baby showed it who was the boss!



Jude also sent me a couple of cute little punches with the Punch Mate and has told me that she does not want reimbursing for the post costs; she called it her Christmas gift to me.

So I want all of my friends and anyone else who reads this blog to know that there is a place where generosity and kind acts do exist; it's a site called UK Scrappers, and it's First Lady is HeyJude!

Thank you Jude.xx






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh whoa, Jayne! Now how embarrassed do I feel? :-)
If I can help out a fellow crafter then I am more than happy to do so; I am sooooo pleased that you have been able to make use of it, just sorry the post office keep the same work hours as me! lol
I'm beginning to wonder why I don't use punches after seeing what you've made though. That is gorgeous - you have far more patience than I do! LOL
I'm enjoying reading your blog too, and have it saved in my favourites now.
Happy Punching. Jude.x